Contract Type: Prime and Subcontractor
Client: City of Spokane
Partners/GC: Garco Construction, Lariviere, Walker Construction
Divisions: Earthwork, Structural, Site Concrete, Commercial Floors, Specialty
The Redevelopment was a comprehensive plan to update and improve Riverfront Park for the next generation. Riverfront Park is the former site of Expo ’74 the World’s Fair and is consistently ranked as one of the top tourist attractions in Spokane; however, it had not seen a significant upgrade in more than 40 years. That is until 2014, when Spokane citizens overwhelmingly approved a $64 million dollar bond to improve and redevelop the Park.
CR Concrete was successful in performing the following individual projects within the park redevelopment:
- Numerica Skate Ribbon – CR completed all the interior building concrete floors and polished concrete finishes
- Spokane Pavilion – CR completed concrete retaining walls, seat walls, and all site concrete
- Promenade – CR completed site concrete sidewalks, decorative concrete pathways, concrete paving, curbs and concrete retaining walls
- Looff Carrousel – CR completed interior concrete floors, polished concrete finishes, site concrete retaining walls, exposed aggregate concrete sidewalks, concrete paving, concrete curbs.
- Sister Cities Garden – This was a prime contract with the City of Spokane. CR self-performed earthwork, utilities, site concrete curbs and sidewalk, glass seeded decorative concrete.